Sunday, April 10, 2011

Course Reflection 01

      The first two weeks of class have been very enjoyable for me. All the lectures we have had have been really interested me and because of this I believe I will continue with design courses. Previous to this I have only taken fine art classes so it was interesting to see the similarities and the differences in the two. We learned that art is usually for one self and design is usually for other people but also from the TED talk that they are similar because both are forms of expressing one’s self by the artist or designer. Another thing I found interesting for lecture and the TED talk was the history of design. I always assumed it was a resent practice and never realized it dated back millions of years. This made me realize that design is connected to almost everything and has changes the looks and developed many things in our past. A modern example of this is streamlining and I like this because in my opinion it improved the look and appeal of many products. Another part of lecture that I found interesting was the evolution of the chair. The idea of testing forms that had little to do with the actual chair on the chair was revolutionary to me and showed the importance of prototypes. Our lecture on the different types of design; industrial, interior space, and visual communication was also very insightful to me, and because I am still unsure on was type of design I want to pursue this helped me see what the different areas of design would be like. My favorite of this was still visual communications because I would enjoy making graphics and logos. 

No comments:

Post a Comment