Monday, April 11, 2011

Journal 02 found patterns

1.                   

The pattern I found in is tree was that all the branches are pointing up to the sky in somewhat of a uniform way. I liked this because it was a naturally occurring pattern but it didn’t have the perfect uniformity of a man made pattern. I found this tree in front of Smith Hall one day after class this past week.

2.

I was drawn to these windmills because of the sun ray like pattern they formed with many lines extending out from the circle in the middle. I found this pattern on the south oval while walking through it on Sunday.

3.

The pattern I found in this was a stripped pattern, alternating grass then concrete. But also the seats are all curve in a uniform way around the stage making another pattern. These are the seats to the amphitheatre in the south oval, I noticed this pattern last week when walking home from the mirror lake creamery.

4.

The pattern I found in this building was in the windows, they are uniformly staked in three different columns going up the building. I was drawn to these windows because I liked the architecture of the building and because they are not a typical square window. This picture is of the side of University Hall that faces the oval and I found it on my way to class this past Thursday.

5.


These flowers, which I found in front of Bricker Hall, form a pattern because of the way they were planted. I was drawn to this pattern of the rows of flowers because it combines nature and a human element. These were obviously planted this way but it shows uniformity in something that is rarely uniform.

6.

This picture is of the art installation, Fetch, at the Wexner Center and the pattern I found in this picture was the continuous spiral of lights going down the center. Ever since I first saw the light show I have loved it and when I was going by it on Sunday I realized it was a good example of a pattern. Also the framing of white bars around it form a pattern because they are all perfect squares equally spaced apart.

7.


The pattern in this wood grain is in the reoccurring shapes of the grain, I found this in a cabinet in the basement of my dorm. I was drawn to it because like the flowers the wood is a natural thing but without the help of the human hand we would never get to see this pattern.

8.


The pattern in this is a striped pattern formed by the alternating windows and concrete pillars of Baker Hall. This pattern interested me because the architecture of this part of the building is very unique and stood out to me because of its modern look
9.

I took this picture close to Mirror Lake on the steps going up the hill towards Tompson Library. I like this pattern in these bricks mainly because it is not the usual rectangular shaped bricks like most other places on campus therefor giving it a unique look.

10.

This pattern of alternating curled iron bars and then two not curled bars was found in the railing of Mendenhall Lab. I was drawn to this because of the classic look to it and the detail put into it.

No comments:

Post a Comment