Monday, April 25, 2011

Course Reflection 02

I have really enjoyed the past two weeks of class and am still finding all of the information very interesting. In our fifth class we learned about the design process. I believe that learning about this process will help me throughout my life when designing, but it also helped me realize I am often doing one of these steps when i'm just sketching. Also I liked the IDEO video a lot, i think that more company's should be set up like theirs just because how well it worked for them.

The sixth class was about design for accessibility. This is some times a forgotten concept but this showed me the importance of it and made me notice examples of it all around. The most interesting part of this class for me was the video we watched about a new wheel chair design. I never considered how bad a wheel chair is designed until I saw this video and after seeing it I agree that the design should change. The next class was the scavenger hunt, I enjoyed walking around campus with my group and getting to know them a little and learning a little about the different designers.

In class eight, to go along with earth week, we learned about "green" design. I believe this is one of the most important topics in design today and will continue to grow in the upcoming years. Again my favorite part of this class was the videos because they let me see many cool inventions and all the different ways they were created.

No comments:

Post a Comment